Texas State Inspections
As of March 1, 2015, your vehicle will no longer be issued an inspection sticker. Your registration sticker will serve as combined proof of inspection and registration.
For more info see: Two Steps One Sticker
Denton County registered vehicles are required to receive an annual inspection of safety items and emissions.
Remember to bring current proof of insurance.
The cost for Denton Texas State Inspections
For a detailed list of how much your car inspection will cost in Denton TX, please visit the TXDPS.
We check the following items:
- Windshield Wipers
- Seat Belts
- Brakes (system) (Parking - beginning with 1960 models)
- Wheel Assembly
- Exhaust System
- Exhaust Emission System (beginning with 1968 models)
- Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
- Tail Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
- Stop Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
- License Plate Lamp (1)
- Rear Red Reflectors (2)
- Turn Signal Lamps (beginning with 1960 models)
- Head Lamps (2)
- Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
- Window tinting or coating (1988 & newer)
- Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old.
- Serpentine Belt
For more information please visit: www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/VI/inspection/inspectionCriteria.aspx
Denton Area Motorists 1995 and older vehicles will receive the Accelerated Simulation Mode (ASM) test, while 1996 and newer vehicles receive the On-Board Diagnostic (OBDII) test.
The only sticker station you'll need is ready serve you.